Last week, Ms. Kari tagged me in a fun little blog meme called “Eleven Things.” I told her I’d post soon, so now I’m staying true to my word! After all, a game is no fun unless people are willing to play along, right?!
Here we go…
First, 11 random things about me…
- I’m 1/4 Mexican, though I don’t look it and sometimes people don’t believe me.
- I told myself I’d never date a fellow Cobber…and then I married one.
- I visualize what I would do to get away from a kidnapper at any given time when I’m alone (yep, I’m a weirdo.)
- I look up to my big brother more than anyone.
- I want to go back to South America more than anything.
- When I was younger, I really wanted both glasses and braces. I never got either.
- I still think American Girl dolls, accessories, and books are such neat things for kids. I secretly hope I have a child who loves them as much as I did when I was little.
- A little girl once asked if I was Cinderella, and it melted my heart. I’ll always cherish that!
- I love to watch really bad, B-movie horror films.
- Joan of Arc is a historical figure who greatly intrigues me and has since I was a child.
- I have a weakness for Sean Penn. He’s much older than me. It’s weird.
1. In retrospect, what hair and/or fashion trend do you most regret following? Was it caught on film?
- I sometimes complain my hair is so stick-straight it barely holds curl, but looking back I’m somewhat fortunate for that; I wasn’t tempted to try any big perms or crazy bangs. I did, however, sport my fair share of huge headbands and fluffy bows. We have a home video of me at age 5, dressed in floral leggings, a bright purple sweatshirt with cats on it, pink socks, and a huge purple headband. Yep. (I’d also like to point out, at the time I was quite proud of picking out my own outfit and was quick to tell the camera as much.)
2. What is the weirdest food you’ve ever eaten? Did you like it?
- Believe it or not, I tried guinea pig while I was in Peru. It was a strange experience; they leave the teeth & legs on so you can see it’s an actual guinea pig and not a rat, as some restaurants will cook rats instead and try to trick the customers. I didn’t like it much!
3. What would YOU do for a Klondike bar?
- Probably not a whole lot. I’m not too crazy about those.
4. Whistling: awesome or annoying?
- My grandpa & my dad are amazing at whistling. A visit to my grandparents’ place in Oklahoma just isn’t the same without waking up at 5 in the morning to my grandpa baking bread & whistling. And my childhood memories of my dad working in his studio wouldn’t be complete without the sounds of my dad’s whistling along to Van Morrison and Eric Clapton. Verdict = awesome.
5. Rock climbing, deep-sea diving, or spelunking?
- Rock climbing, hands down. Aqua life is fascinating to me (such as this octopus video I saw on Twitter from NPR’s Science Friday,) but terrifies me. Same goes for caves.
6. Blanket Forts or Snow Forts? Explain.
- Snow forts! I don’t know if a further explanation than “I grew up in Minnesota” is needed.
7. Who would play you in the Lifetime TV Movie of your life?
- Lifetime T.V. movies are one of my guilty pleasures. Can I pretend Jennifer Aniston is younger and would do it just because I love her so much? Or Keira Knightley? Eh?
8. Would you rather have a TARDIS or a time machine made out of DeLorean? (If you had to click either of these links, go to the back of the class.)
- A time machine made out of a DeLorean, hands down. “Back to the Future” prevails.
9. Can you drive a stick shift without dropping the transmission on the road en-route?
- Sad confession: I still don’t know how to drive a stick shift. Oops.
10. Which movie do you most wish you could un-see?
- Probably “IT,” the miniseries based on the book by Stephen King. I watched it at a sleepover when I was younger, and it scared me for a long, long time!
11. DisneyWorld/DisneyLand: Magic Kingdom or Overrated?
- I’ve actually never been there, but I am a big Disney and Disney Princess fan, and I’m going to Disneyworld this March. Tacky, outlandish, touristy? Yes. Overrated? Never!
Now, I’m tagging Heidi, Carrie, Amber, and Caroline. Here are your Eleven Things if you so choose to participate (which I do hope you do! And remember to first tell us 11 random things about yourself, answer these 11, then write or find 11 more questions & tag some more bloggers!)
- What is your earliest childhood memory?
- Where have you always wanted to visit but haven’t yet?
- N*Sync, Backstreet Boys, or 98 Degrees?
- When you were younger, what did you want to be when you grew up?
- Do you believe in ghosts? Why or why not?
- If you had to change your first name to something else, what would it be and why?
- Coffee or tea?
- Which animal would you be if you had to choose?
- What’s your favorite trait or physical feature about yourself?
- Are there any foreign languages you’d like to learn yet in your lifetime?
- If you had a set of triplets tomorrow, what would you name them? (Boys, girls, or any combination.)
…Aren’t games fun?!